Visualize your colleagues like never before. Create a Hierarchy Chart which helps employees to find a right person to talk to. It simplifies the structure of the company and it also increases the visibility and transparency of the company. Hierarchy Chart clearly enables to give a clear view on the roles and responsibilities of the employees. Hierarchy Chart diagram outlines the job roles of the team members. It also encourages you to think ahead of what specific positions you will eventually need in the near future.
We have given you the reasons why having a Hierarchy Chart is important for any organization. Now let us help you create an innovative one.
Hierarchy Chart is available in PowerPoint Presentation by default. You can any day put to use those diagrams in your presentation. However, if you are looking to create something creative and appealing to eyes, we will help you create an amazing Hierarchy Chart for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN TO CREATE IN THIS TUTORIAL:
Steps to Create Hierarchy Chart:
1) Insert a Rectangle from the Shapes Menu. Go to INSERT> SHAPES> RECTANGLES> RECTANGLE
2) Change the Outline Color of the Rectangle to White. Right Click the shape, select OUTLINE> WHITE COLOR
3) Give Shadow to the Rectangle. Right Click the Rectangle, FORMAT SHAPE> SHAPE OPTIONS> EFFECTS> SHADOW> PRESETS> OUTER>OFFSET DIAGONAL BOTTOM RIGHT
4) Reduce the size of the Rectangle. (See the below image)
5) Copy the original Rectangle and get as many Rectangles you want to get the Hierarchy Structure. Arrange them properly. (See the below image)
6) Next step is to insert a Line. Go to SHAPES> LINES> LINE
7) Get an image like this
8) Align the Rectangle and Line in Center. Select the Rectangle and Line, Go to ARRANGE> ALIGN> ALIGN CENTER
9) Repeat the process with each Rectangle and Line. Take a look at the below image
10) Change the shape of the below Rectangles to make it look creative. Select the Rectangles together and change the shape by holding the middle arrow
11) Now let’s place one more line to get the Complete Hierarchy Chart. Place the Line Horizontally above the second row of the Rectangles. Join the Line and the Rectangles by inserting three small lines. To insert a Line, go to SHAPES> LINES> LINE
12) Let’s change the color of the Lines first. Right Click the Line, go to FORMAT SHAPE> SOLID LINE> GREY COLOR> WIDTH 3 POINTS. Repeat the process with each Line
13) Change the color of the Rectangle. Right Click the shape, Go to FORMAT SHAPE> GRADIENT FILL> REMOVE THE 2ND, 3RD, 4TH Gradient Stops
14) Change the color of the Rectangle by clicking the First and the Last Gradient Spot. Take a look at the below image
Now you know how to change the color of the Rectangles by using Gradient Fill. You can choose the color as per your wish.
Fill in the important Names and Designations and the Hierarchy Chart is ready.
Hierarchy Charts can also be incorporated in the Presentation to explain Strategies, Planning, Divisional Structure and much more.