When it comes to stating goals and objectives in a presentation, how many of you have witnessed objective slides which are so dull and absolutely bland that you cringed?
Did you come across something like this- plain, ugly and boring objectives slide without any graphic or diagram such as a dartboard?
I am sure you must have.
This is a very common mistake that most of us make. Rather than making our slides visually appealing we are more focused on the content. Yes, content is the main part of any business presentation slide, but the design also matters. After all the design is the first part that the viewer comes across.
Similarly, an ohh-so-boring objective slide will set your entire presentation up for failure.
Since an objective slide is arguably the most critical slide that your audience will engage themselves with and practically embeds everything that you are trying to convey, it is imperative to design it in a way that invigorates the audience.
Therefore, give your objectives and goals slide the needed attention and hit the bullseye with a DARTBOARD!
What is a dartboard and what is it used for?
A dartboard is a perfect visual metaphor to convey your message in a way that attracts the immediate attention of the viewer.
Follow this tutorial and you’ll end up with a short, crisp and sleek looking slide like the one shown below!
What you will learn to create in this tutorial:
Steps to create a dartboard:
Create the Board
Follow these steps to create the board:
Step #1 Insert a circular shape
Go to the Insert tab and select Shapes. A dialog box with many shape options will appear. Select the Oval shape as shown in the screenshot below.
A circular shape will be inserted in the slide. Adjust its size as per your liking.
Step #2 Format the Shape
Select the oval shape and right click on it. A dialog box will appear from which click on the Format Shape option. Next go to Fill> No Fill> Line> Solid Line> Color. Fill this line with the color of your choice like we have selected Dark Grey. After changing the color increase the width upto 20pt as shown in the screenshot below.
Step #3 Duplicate and Resize
- Next copy this shape and create its duplicates by pressing CNTRL + D. Here we have created 4 circles. You can create as many circles as you like.
- Resize these circles by dragging the adjustment handles as highlighted in the screenshot below. Press SHIFT + CNTRL while adjusting the size to maintain the symmetry of the circle.
Note- Resize the circles and make one circle smaller than the other to create the structure of the board.
Step #4 Place the circles and align them
- Insert one circle within the bigger circle and place them in such a way that it appears to be a structure of a board (as shown below in the screenshot).
- Align all these circles by selecting CNTRL + A. Then go to the Format tab> Align> Align Center> Align Middle. You will end up with perfectly aligned circles in shape of a board.
Your board is now ready! Let us start creating a dart for it now:
Creating the Dart
Step #1 Insert a Circular Shape and Resize
Go to Insert> Shapes> Oval Shape and insert it in the slide. Resize this circular shape as per your liking.
Step #2 Insert a Rectangular Shape
Go to Insert > Shapes> Rectangle: Rounded Corners. Draw a thin rectangle as shown in the screenshot below.
Step #3 Insert a Chevron Shape
- Now go to the Insert tab> Shapes> Arrow: Chevron from the menu. Drag the yellow square box to reduce or increase the size of the arrow.
- Then select the arrow shape and rotate it as shown below in the screenshot.
Step #4 Position and Align the shapes
- Position all of the three shapes (circle, rectangle, and arrow) as shown in the screenshot below to create a dart.
- Align these shapes by pressing CNTRL + A to select all of them. Now go to the Format tab> Align> Align Center> Align Middle.
Step #5 Rotate and Merge Shapes
The next step involves rotating and merging the shapes together. For this select the shapes and go to the Format tab> Merge Shapes> Union.
Step #6 Format and Fill Color
The next step involves filling the dart with the color of your choice. For this go to Format> Shape Fill and select the color of your choice. Here we have selected Dark Grey (similar to the color of the board)
Your dart is now ready! Give it a thick outline by right-clicking on it and then select Format Shape> Line> Solid Line> Width> 3.25pt.
Your dartboard is now ready and you can customize its color, thickness and other parts as per your need and requirement.
Check out this impressive Goals and Objectives slide below:
Download these creative Dartboard Templates:
Click here to download this amazing Goals And Objectives PPT PowerPoint Presentation Layouts Designs
Grab this creatively designed Our Goals And Objectives PPT PowerPoint Presentation Gallery Backgrounds
Download this professional and extremely useful Business Targets PowerPoint Presentation Examples
Feel free to access this Operations Goals Target PPT PowerPoint Presentation Layout
Grab this Smart Goals And Objectives PowerPoint Templates
Click here to own this informative Steps For Successful Goal Setting And Achievement PowerPoint Template
Download this Business Diagram 3d Circular Infographics With Target Achievement PowerPoint Template
Therefore, leverage these dartboard templates to create world-class presentations!